Paper Structures for Book Arts
June 15 - June 16, 2018
Lab Fee: $30
Medium: Book Arts
Cost: $200 - price includes tuition & healthy catered lunches each day
In this workshop participants will learn a variety of simple bindings as well as a number of related fun paper structures. Using simple tools and materials we will reveal how paper can be transformed into books, cards, interactive novelties and 3 dimensional forms. We will also look at examples of artists' books that explore the creative possibilities of paper structures. As time allows, we will consider the addition of words and images to forms that have been made, using simple printmaking techniques and collage
Matt Liddle lives in Sylva, North Carolina and is a Professor and the studio coordinator of the printmaking and book arts area in the School of Art and Design at Western Carolina University. Originally from Albany, New York, he received a BA in Visual Studies from Dartmouth College and an MFA in Printmaking/Book Arts from The University of the Arts. In addition to teaching, he has held a variety of jobs related to art, design and printing. He currently serves as a Co-director of the annual Paper and Book Intensive. Liddle is a printmaker who is interested in all elements of the book, including image, text and structure. His exhibited work includes prints, artist’s books and experimental book works.
Become a Member and Receive Benefits!
- A full refund is made when a student registers for a workshop that is canceled or already full at the time of registration.
- An email or letter cancellation is required for withdrawals. Students who withdraw before April 30 receive a refund of the workshop deposit less a 25% registration & processing fee. Any housing and meal deposits will be refunded in full.
- If a cancellation is made after April 30, the deposit is forfeited, but a credit for the amount may be applied to another workshop that same calendar year. You may also transfer your deposit to a friend or family member for that same calendar year or make a tax deductible donation
to Cullowhee Mountain ARTS. (There are some workshops that may have earlier cut off dates due to demand - this will be noted
in your confirmation email.
- Students who withdraw after May 1 even if workshop was paid in full, receive no refund
but can transfer to another workshop during the calendar year or transfer their deposit to a friend or family member for that same calendar year or make a tax deductible donation
to Cullowhee Mountain ARTS.
- We strongly recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance from your travel agent in the event an unforeseen medical emergency.
*Double rooms are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your registration!
PLEASE PARDON OUR PROGRESS!
We, at CMA, have been working with a new system Acuity Scheduling to provide better enrollment services for you, our customer. You will see when registering how easy and seamless this is. The old system of enrolling and paying is still visible below, but not functional.
Please pardon our transition as we re-construct! The below will be removed very soon to eliminate confusion.