|How to Register for a Workshop or Class
- Visit our 2017 Workshops & Retreats page to view all our offerings.
- Select a workshop by clicking on the thumbnail image or title. This will take you to
the individual workshop page to view the details of the course, the artist/instructor information and your purchase options.
- Scroll down (below the details) to "Purchase Options " and make your selections.
- Click "Add to Cart
" next to quantity field.
- Once you have made your selections, go to "View Cart" and you will be prompted to check out through paypal. Complete the web form and click "Submit " to proceed to PayPal to make a secure payment. (you do not need a paypal account, most credit cards are accepted).
Each workshop is priced to include the individual workshop tuition, lab fee. Commuter workshop pricing includes tuition, lab fee and meals. The meals include a daily lunch buffet, catered to the School of Art & Design, our Sunday night opening reception and dinner, followed by groups meeting with their instructors for a briefing of the workshop week, and a mid-week bbq dinner (with vegetarian options). Prices vary according to instructor costs and varying lab fees.
Become a member of Cullowhee Mountain ARTS and receive the early bird discount on one workshop if enrolled by January 15.
Multiple Room Discount
If you are purchasing more than one Single Room - or if you are bringing a group, you may qualify for the Cullowhee Mountain ARTS multiple room discount. Contact us at 828-342-6913
- Registrations for Summer Arts Series Workshop made before April 15, must be accompanied by a 50% deposit.
- Destination Workshops and Retreats all require 50% deposits to enroll with balance due dates listed on each page
- A full refund is made when a student registers for a workshop that is canceled or already full at the time of registration.
- An email or letter cancellation is required for withdrawals. Students who withdraw before April 30 receive a refund of the workshop deposit less a 25% registration & processing fee. Any housing and meal deposits will be refunded in full.
- If a cancellation is made after April 30, the deposit is forfeited, but a credit for the amount may be applied to another workshop that same calendar year. You may also transfer your deposit to a friend or family member for that same calendar year or make a tax deductible donation
to Cullowhee Mountain ARTS. (There are some workshops that may have earlier cut off dates due to demand -
this will be noted in your confirmation email.
- Students who withdraw after May 1 even if workshop was paid in full, receive no refund
but can transfer to another workshop during the calendar year or transfer their deposit to a friend or family member for that same calendar year or make a
tax deductible donation
to Cullowhee Mountain ARTS.
- We strongly recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance from your travel agent in the event an unforeseen medical emergency.
Taos Retreat & Workshops
Payment and Refund Policies:
||The Summer Arts Workshop Series
at Western Carolina University
Staying on Campus
Most Summer Arts Workshop participants stay on campus for the community
experience and the convenience to the studios in the School of Art and Design.
Lodging is at “ The Village ” set back from the main campus and in a quiet area with private parking. Housing here is a series of town houses with 8 to 10 bedrooms in each house. Each house has a kitchen and living room. Though the rooms are dormitory style, they have private baths and air conditioning,
Our Meal plan includes the Catered lunches are served in the School of Art and Design. The meal plan also includes the Sunday evening wine reception followed by a catered dinner and a Wednesday night BBQ dinner. The other evening meals are open. Options are to select from a list of great cafés in Cullowhee or Downtown Sylva, the town adjacent to Cullowhee. Accommodations have community kitchens with full refrigerators and microwaves. Residents are invited to bring breakfast items or may going to Campus dining for a reasonably priced breakfast bar. CMA sets up complimentary coffee service in the Village houses.
Some participants choose to stay off campus but included in the price of their workshop, they will still enjoy both group dinners and the lunches all five days of the workshop week, served in the art building with presentations from our Instructors that week - creating a lovely "lunch and learn" scenario.
Bring a non-workshop taking companion
Many workshop participants have companions who would like to enjoy the gorgeous mountain region famous for its hiking, camping, river rafting, kayaking, fishing, wildflower gazing, black bear & elk spotting, and world-class golf courses. Companions receive the “shared room” price or may purchase private rooms.
$650 single occupancy.
$550 double occupancy - per person
Dining – Our Meal plan includes the Sunday evening wine reception followed by a catered dinner, lunches served in the School of Art and Design each of the five workshop days. Instructors teaching during your workshop week will present during the lunch hour creating a lovely "lunch and learn" experience.
The meal plan also includes a Wednesday evening Southern BBQ served at the WCU outdoor pavilion by the creek.
Breakfasts options for on campus residents are to bring your supplies and enjoy making a simple breakfast in the dorm or to go to the dining hall and purchase a low-cost meal in the main dining room. There is also a Starbucks in the Dining hall with breakfast "grab and go" items.
Our housing area includes community living rooms with kitchens on each floor. CMA places coffee makers, sugar and sweeteners, toasters, and picnic ware in each kitchen. There is a full refrigerator and microwave too, so that you can bring breakfast supplies an enjoy breakfast at your leisure.
For open nights, students enjoy exploring local cuisine on campus and in the adjacent town of Sylva. CMA will provide a list in your welcome folder of great cafés in Cullowhee or Downtown Sylva.
Breakfast: Own your own
Lunch: 12:30 – 1:30 pm
Evening Dinners: Sunday & Wednesday - 6:00 pm
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM TO ENROLL BY MAIL.