Medium: Drawing & Painting –
R&F pigment sticks, oil paint, cold wax, graphite, ink, and pastels, mark-making tools
Intermediate to Advanced
Workshop, Lodging, Meals:
Materials Fee: $50
Join Lisa Pressman and Norma Hendrix in the stunning landscape and textures of Southern France. Our Destination is the Village of Durfort, also known as the Village of Copper. Our lodging, meals and studio space will be in one lovely location, La Cascade. And our exploration of the region will be our inspiration and resource for a week of creative exploration.
Lisa Pressman has envisioned this workshop to be a focus on ways to use traveling as a source of sensory information that will get translated into visual data. Cameras or I-phones, sketchbooks and assignments focusing on specific art fundamentals will shape our France experience. On our outings we will photograph and draw while being mindful of all our senses.
In the studio, using our outings as inspiration, we will be experimenting with a range of materials including: R&F pigment sticks, oil paint, cold wax, graphite, ink, and pastels. There is a freedom of gesture, movement and process that occurs when painting with these materials. A variety of techniques, tools and exercises are used to explore personal imagery – abstract as well as representational – and students will be encouraged to use alternatives to brushes for their mark making. Layering, excavating, edge, line, texture, mark making, color and the concept of “editing” will be addressed. Individual attention is given to each student so participants will get the feedback needed to bring back to their studio. Power points, discussions of contemporary art, professional and career support are all offered.
American abstract painter, was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey in 1958. She earned her BA in Art from Douglass College, Rutgers University and her MFA from Bard College. Her work focuses on a visual synthesis of stored and personal memory.
Lisa’s paintings have been featured in solo and group exhibitions in museums and galleries throughout the USA and internationally including The Hunderton Art Museum, Clinton, NJ, The Cape Cod Museum of Art, Dennis, MA, Holter Museum of Art, Helena, MT, Butters Gallery, Portland, OR, Susan Eley Fine Arts, NY, NY, Causey Contemporary, NY, NY, The Curator Gallery, NY, NY, Thomas Deans Gallery, Atlanta, GA, Telluride Gallery of Art,Telluride, Colorado, and the Jen Tough Gallery, Vallejo, CA.
Lisa is a core instructor for R&F Handmade Paints in Kingston, NY and a workshop instructor for Gamblin Artists Colors. She is an annual presenter and instructor at the International Encaustic Conference in Provincetown, MA. Lisa teaches workshops in both encaustic and oil and cold wax mediums throughout the U.S; including Penland School of Arts and Crafts, Pratt Institute, Pacific Northwest College of Art and the Art Institute of New York and Cullowhee Mountain Arts.
Pressman Student Supply List
Become a Member and Receive Benefits
- Enrollment is made with a $500 deposit, a payment of $1275 by January 31, and the final payment of $1275 by May 31.
- Spaces are limited to 10 students. In order to reserve your spot, it is advisable to enroll as soon as possible.
- Balance Due - March 30, 2018.
- A full refund is made if for any unexpected reason the workshop is canceled or if it is already full at the time of registration.
- If the payment was made through paypal, refunds are generally credited within 2 to 3 days.
- If the payment was made by check, CMA will send a check back to the purchaser within 10 business days, as long as the original purchase check has cleared.
- We are unable to make full refunds if you must withdraw from the trip. However, we will credit you up to 50% of your payment,
if you withdraw before March 30, 2018. You may use this credit for any other CMA program or workshop within the calendar year.
- We strongly advise that you purchase trip cancellation insurance in the event of an unexpected circumstance (death in the family, accident, illness) that would require you cancel your trip. Please contact a travel agent or your insurance agent for assistance.
Click the drop down box below for payment options, then proceed to "View Cart to Check Out."
Thank you for your registration!
Workshop, Lodging and Meals: $3,000
Materials Fee: $50
Please pardon our progress as we integrate our new scheduling system. Scroll up to register.